- Our club Mullingar Athletic AFC was formed in 1983 with one adult team. Adult teams playing in Leinster Football League (Midland Area)
- Our Senior Team moved from the Midland area to the Dublin Area of Leinster Football League (Saturday Section) 1986-87
- Gained promotion toLFL Premier division saturday and won this division for three out of four seasons between 1986 and 1992
- Moved to Leinster Senior League Saturday Division 1B in 1992-93 season. Won promotion over consecquitive seasons ending up in top Junior Major Saturday Division in 1996-97 Season.
- Won ‘Tom Carroll Cup’ and ‘Wally Wynn Cup’ 1997-98 Season
- Won Promotion to Senior Football Division 1B for start of 1998-99 season
- We had three senior mens teams playing during years 1990-1995
- Won promotion in first season to Division 1A 1998-99
- Finished third in Senior 1A 1999-2000 Season. Qualified for first round of the FAI Cup.
- Relagated to Division 1B at end of 2000-01 season
- Moved to Midland Senior League for start of 2004-05 season and this season this league have joined with the OWLFL to form the new Combined Counties League.
- Our Reserve team won Leinster Football League Division 1 Title in 2004-05 season.
- Ladies Senior Team competed in the New ‘Combined Counties Womens League’ for the first time.
- First schoolboy team entered at under 12 in ‘North East Counties Schoolboys League’1992-93 season
- Today we have twenty two schoolboys teams and four schoolgirls teams. These teams play in leagues in Athlone, Midlands, and Dublin
- We have players playing at representative level at all age groups for ‘North Dublin Schoolboys League’.
- The FAI have set up a local Regional Development Squad at U-12 level under the stewardship of Mr. Padraig Nicholson the midland area ‘Regional Development Officer’. This squad meets once a week for specialised coaching under Padraig and they play games over the course of the year agains other Development squads from around the country.
- In 1996-97 the club introduced Saturday morning coaching for 6-9 year olds on our synthetic grass all-weather surfaces. This area of the club has blossomed and allows both children and parents to becom involved in the club from an early stage. We would have 150-200 children involved in this activity every Saturday morning.
- In 2002-03 season we were admitted to the ‘Eircom Under 21 League’. Since then we have successfully complete three full seasons in the league alongside such notable clubs as St. Patrick Athletic, Bray Wanderers, UCD, Shamrock Rovers, Kildare County.
- In 2004-05 season our Under 21 team reached the semi-final of the ‘Eircom Under 21 Cup’ only to be beaten by St. Patrick Athletic.
Development Of Facilities:
- Renting fields around Mullingar area for purpose of playing pitches for twelve years from 1983 to 1994
- Purchased original 12 acres from Westmeath County Council in 1992
- We now own our site which now contains approx 20 acres.Purchased additional eight acres for two more grass pitches in 1999
- Commenced development of two playing pitches in 1992/93
- First pitch playable for start of 1993-94 season
- Commenced construction of four new dressing rooms and second floor clubhouse in 1993-94
- Constructed two five-aside floodlight synthetic grass playing surfaces in 1997
- Constructed floodlight sand based training area in year 2000
- Completed the first floor clubhouse area during 2001-02 season. This area includes meeting rooms, recreational room, kitchen, toilets.
- Constructed two new natural grass pitches in 2003 and commenced playing on these pitches at start of 2004-05 season
- Extensive coaching education programme along with FAI coaching department and R.D.O. Mr. Pauric Nicholson.
- Recent survey shows over 2,000 active users of our facilities in any one week.
- Completed installation of 500 lux .Floodlighting system of our main grass playing pitch.2005
- In 2005 -06 Season the club have added a new dimension with the feilding of Schoolgirls and Womens football with teams at under 9, 11, 13, 15 and adult.
The Club Today
- Complete club structure including constitution, Trustees, executive , committee , and sub-committees.
- Pathways for football progression for children from age of six years to senior level. You can join the club at six and still be playing football at sixty.
- Contineous coaching education provided in conjunction with FAI coaching department.
- Alongside the thirty one teams we have Weekly coaching for an additional 200 children from six years to nine years.
- Recent referee course run by the club have produced ten new referee’s for midland area. We provide continous Referee education for any person who would wish to become involved.
- Topclass facilities which include , Four chainging rooms with showers, Clubhouse , Four Natural Grass Pitch’s, Two floodlight synthetic grass pitches, Floodlight sand based training area.
- We have spent over €1.5 million on facilities since 1992
- We field Twenty Nine club teams between and Schoolboy, Schoolgirls and Senior teams and these play in the following leagues.
Leinster Senior League
Dublin & District League (DDSL)
Athlone Schoolboys League (ASL)
Midland Schoolboys League (MDL)
Combined Counties League (CCFL)